Thursday, April 22, 2010

Presentations.

On friday I was really impressed by the Antigone presentation. It was cool that it was the exact same story but with a modern twist. It made it extremely funny. I mean they hit it dead on by calling Creon a pimp and Ismane as a whinny little girl. This was a valuable play because they made it so every character was really easily able to be grasped. It put it in a perceptive that really anyone would understand. I kind of wonder why they don't do plays like this for kids that would never be willing to read something classic like Antigone. I think that i would make it so they would get into classic literature. I don't think that classic literature is dyeing its just transforming into new trends of characters. The plot never really changes just the outfit and names. I feel as though if this idea could be related to every kid that they wouldn't be so unwilling to read. IN fact they would realize that every TV show on is just a retelling of book, and books may become more popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment