Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Sincere Apology

Alright, this blog is written to defend my self from certain persons so if it offends anyone I'm sorry just look at your fellow class mates blogs. I was bashed on by one of my fellow class mate in their blog for being "obnoxious, loud, and unintelligent" during my presentation. Then he went off to say that I'm not smart at all I'm just good at yelling at people, and that is why my point is heard rather than others. Although the second part may be true, there was a reason for my unintelligence. If I was not loud and obnoxious our debate would have probably not gotten anywhere, it would have been another group reading from note cards and having a completely pre planned speech which is okay, but would have it really been interesting to the class. By polarizing the class against a common enemy (myself) it allowed it so many much deeper thought and ideas where able to escape from the brains of my cohorts, even if it was to make me look dumb. Sometimes a lot more intelligent conversation is done by acting a foul and letting the rest of the world have an attack on you, rather than just reading from some pre planned note card and trying to act smart. So I am sorry that if i offended anyone by not letting them defeat Tim Ronan (he was too loud I couldn't talk over him.) I just decided that it was worth the sacrifice so we could have a smooth presentation what involved the entire class.

1 comment:

  1. "If I was not loud and obnoxious our debate would have probably not gotten anywhere" - the argument would of gone a lot further. A lot of people in the class and amongst your own group had ideas that were not able to be heard.

    "By polarizing the class against a common enemy (myself) it allowed it so many much deeper thought and ideas where able to escape from the brains of my cohorts" - it upset a lot of students (at least on my side of class).

    I did not mean to put down your entire group cause honestly that was not the point of my blog. My point was purely directed at your attitude. The idea was fantastic and honestly I wish our group had thought that up. Congrats.

    Also I hope the note card comments was not pointed at our group cause honestly we did a LOT of planning and work on our project but memorizing and giving speeches is a huge weak spot for me.

    If the intent of your overpowering voice was to make the class spark into fire for a powerful debate, while consciously not knowing it would upset everyone, then I am sorry for my attack because you were just acting your role.

    ReplyDelete