Monday, April 12, 2010

No book is boring only people are

This blog is being written so i can revive some idea that I had about this subject from earlier in the semester. My group is doing its project on this topic so I figured I might as well think about it before we end up meeting. 
Really I'm not sure if a agree with this statement some books are just really poorly written and I feel as though that is a barrier that really effects the ability for a book to be enjoyed. I was thinking about it this weekend and being intelligence is just how well one being can convey a message to another being so if the message cannot be conveyed than really the book is of a low level of intelligence that really is not worth anyone time and really is a boring book. Rather if a book is written well which most published pieces of literature are than that said book is really probably not boring just the people that read and hate it are. 
The reason that some books are seen as being boring or stupid or suck is because often times the reader don't relate to the subject matter. This is not the fault of the authors its just that people are to lazy to really allow themselves to fall into a topic that is unfamiliar to them. This makes it so the book is alien and therefor stupid. I can think of a perfect example of this from my own life. I was given an assignment to read the secret life of bee's when i was in 9Th grade, from here on out this book resonates with the worst book ever written to me. It's not because there was anything wrong with me, but instead the book was just written  on a level that I didn't comprehend or didn't' want to try to comprehend. I mean when the girl had her period I did what any 15 year old would do, and say "this is sick man, I don't want to read this garbage." Really though this and a few other scenes are crucial to the point of the coming of age novel. 
Not only are people to lazy to try and understand what is being written, but lately our society has been lacking imagination and that is also another huge burden to the enjoyment of novels. Ever since the creation of the radio it has been easier and easier for ones imagination to be sucked out and replaced by images and sound of the imagination of another. This has really hindered the enjoyment of books. What the point of reading a story if you can't be a part of the story. For a novel to be enjoyed one has to become completely engrossed in that said novel and lately we have not been able to do that because of many different outside influences, that distract us from the majesty that is a book. I have to go and eat but my one other big argument is about people just being flat out lazy and that they would rather have their brains dead than exercise them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment