Monday, February 1, 2010

You really are the Love of my Life!

Eavesdropping is something that I have found to be extremely hit or miss. Sometimes you get the average conversation about how ones day is going, but on some other more lucky occasions i will walk into an extra juicy conversation. These can be about anything from how terrible lunch was today, to oops! I'm pregnant. My personal favorite of these are always about the opposite sex though. The reason that these are so appealing to me is because it seems as though they always follow one of the same basic formulas. They are always either that boy/girl is hot, I love them (significant other) so much, or my boyfriend/girlfriend is the biggest asshole/bitch in the world. This is a really interesting phenomenon to me, the more i tune into it the more i realize the truth of this statement. (Although I could just have a preconceived notion that is effects what I hear and what is really being said.) It is weird though because something like a relationship is such a personal experience, yet we all end up talking about them the same way. Even in works of literature a relationship can be captured and we all know how to relate with the character based on which one of the situations the character is going through. Connie is "Oh my god that guys is hot". After listening to these conversations and writing my blog I just really wonder do we think this way because so many outside influences (literature) tell us to think this way, or are the outside influences effected by the way that we think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment