Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Summers Day

The long awaited video of sonnet 18 is going to have some technical difficulties... my camera was stolen this weekend after the video was taken. Although this experiment will be repeated, so everyone can see the exact reaction on the girls face, i figured i would blog early and tell everyone about my first experience.  
 I really thought that this was going to be a good idea. I figured that it would just make some girl fall madly in love with me... I mean that is what was promised by Dr. S, but i guess on the same hand you live and learn.  In doing this experiment I  just went up to the prettiest girl that I could find, grabbed her hand,  and looked deep into the inner workings of her soul. This, I thought would create an explosion of emotions. Instead it caused her to be a little bit creeped out from the beginning. Not very many people can penetrate a soul the way that i can. Anyways as soon as I started to recite she acted like it wasn't the most romantic, beautiful ,thing that has ever happened to her... Seriously, I was telling a girl that her eternal beauty is the only thing that keeps me alive and she seemed insulted by this. I was flabbergasted! The entire time that I was reciting the poem this girl thought that she could pull her hand out of my own, making it back to the comfort of her boyfriend. Of course I'm stronger than some girl... especially with Shakespeare on my side. When my piece was up and it was my maidens turn to speak the reaction that I received  was maybe not the one that I expected. Instead of having a ray of sunshine hit our complexions and instant love to occur. My fair maiden stormed off, so exhasturbated that she didn't even have a clue what to say. Her boyfriend was waiting with open arms, giving me very dirty looks the entire time I must add. 
In telling everyone this, I am left with some questions. Firstly: How the hell does Arnold Friend do it? (pun intended) I figure that I'm about as good looking and about as smooth as him, so why is that he get all of the hot chicks and i just get rejected. Also I really began to wonder what archetypal character am I? I mean of corse the hero, but I feel like I somethings went wrong,  such as the wise old man leading me astray (Dr.S).  Who is the girl? platonic ideal or temptress, that one is hard. She just sucked me in and spit me out. Maybe I did put her on a pedestal... but the way that she moved. I just couldn't help myself.  Well hopefully one day my dream will come true... A girl will at least acknowledge my existence. 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's not what you did. . or how you said it. . but simply the fact that real life fails to follow literature, seeing as many literary authors use ideals and archetypes. There is never one archetyp to a person, it's never that easy. Not every girl loves a good sonnet by Shakespeare, or even recognizes one. But one cannot help but commend you for trying. And who knows, maybe the one girl who appreciates good work will be the next one you meet. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, that touched me. I blogged about this as well. It was really a beautiful thing you did enriching that girls life like that.

    ReplyDelete