Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Old News Sonnet

Although sonnets are really old news and we're on to bigger and better things, I have to tell this story because I couldn't actually believe it myself. So firstly I got in a huge fight with my girlfriend the other day... So big that I thought that we were probably going to break up over it. I was supper upset and anxious and I didn't really know what to do so I sat down and wrote, but instead of writing a journal entry all that I could think about was rhyming so I decided to write a sonnet. I wasn't sure, but in the end it actually made me feel way better. I can't really believe that it worked. I mean I was super skeptical about it in the first place but I liked doing it, and it calmed me down a ton. More so than doing that though it made it so my girlfriend wasn't mad at me anymore. This was honestly one of the coolest things that has ever happened and I will remember it for the rest of my life. Instead of even trying to talk it out with her I just gave her the sonnet and didn't say anything. After she read it everything just seemed to be okay. I don't really know what happened but I guess that it just some how made her realize that it isn't worth fighting about anything. What I'm really trying to get at is that even if you write a sonnet for your personal well being (not being stressed out), give it to the person that you are writing about. I think that they will, every time be touched in some way that you actually wrote, a sonnet (not a poem) about them. Not very many people get hand written personal sonnets in their lives, so if you give one to some one they won't stay mad at you I guarantee it. Plus the sonnet helps you get past the hard part in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment